Monday, July 15, 2013

Hello and welcome to our little Christmas in July blog hop! If you're following along, you've just come from Jen's blog. If you're just dropping in, you can catch the beginning of the hop at Ruth's blog. In either case, I've got lots to show you, so stick around!

Like most people, I take tons of photos in December, especially on Christmas Day. Now that my sons are older, I don't feel as overwhelming a need to scrapbook every. single. one. Still, even paring down leaves me with a dozen or more photos to work with.

I had tons of BoBunny Blitzen papers and embellishments left over from a class I taught last year, so I employed it in creating these layouts:




I found that I still had tons of Christmas morning photos even after I made these layouts, so I switched to pocket pages to store and display the rest of them. I recently bought several sheets of cream-colored notebook paper at Hobby Lobby, and I immediately came home and sliced them all up into 4x6 and 6x4 blocks for creating journaling blocks for just such pages. A few embellishments and some handwriting, and voila!

(front)

 (back)

 (front)

(back)

I hope I've given you some inspiration for getting lots of Christmas photos scrapped, as well as using up any older Christmas stash you might have lying around. And to help get you into the Christmas mood, I'm giving away a couple of little stocking stuffers from my Etsy shop: A yard each of Maraschino and Peapod baker's twine, and a foot each of red polka dot and green gingham ribbon tape. To win them, simply become a follower of my blog. If you are already following, just leave a comment letting me know, and you'll be entered
to win too!

Now onto the next stop: Margaret's blog

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages! I love how you used the divided page protectors! That really is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! I love the fun papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting Christmas scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job getting all those pictures scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work using up your stash and doing both traditional and PL to get your photos into albums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you got so much done! Traditional pages and pocket pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got heaps done! Way to go, gorgeous pages and I love the pocket pages you've do too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww your stocking stuffers are super cute! :)

    Yay for lots of pages done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I love combining pocket pages with traditional layouts. It's such a great way to include a ton of photos without having to scrap every. single. one. :) Very pretty, and practical too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, you are amazing making so many layouts! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails